Throughout history, many different techniques have been used to bring colour and beauty to textiles. In this five-day introductory course, students will explore traditional dyes and receive an overview of resist techniques used around the world. Techniques will include folding, stitching, and paste resist methods.
Participants will also look at case studies from Pakistan’s rich textile heritage and learn to design motifs using geometry and basic principles of symmetry. They will then apply these principles in a series of resist-dyed samples of their own design, experimenting with indigo and madder dyes to create a wide palette of effects.
- 29th January – 2nd February
- 15:00 – 21:00
- Course Fee: Rs. 12,500.00
- No. of places: 20
- Course was well planned and structured. Really enjoyed taking the course in small group of people. It was good- I appreciate the help and cooperation of the staff.
- I learnt a lot from the course, Teacher was very good and helpful
- It was good-had a really good time these past 5 days- I appreciate the help and cooperation of the staff