Course Outline Description:
Learn how to accurately transfer, cut and paste shapes out of colored card using Marquetry techniques applied to geometric design. Use two to three sheets of colored card (dark, medium, light) to cut out shapes that combine to form the geometric pattern drawn on your base sheet (can be: plain card) when pasted directly on to it in the correct sequence. Understand how the process you have been introduced to compares with marquetry using real wood veneers.
|Date:||26th June 2021|
|Time:||3:00 pm – 5:30 pm PST|
|Venue:||Online Zoom Session|
|Fee:||Rs. 1500 (for Pakistani students – this is a subsidised fee to promote learning of art and culture in Pakistan)
USD 25 (for foreign students)
Materials required for this course:
- Coloured card 3 sheets total: 1 dark, 1 medium, 1 light
- 1 Sheet Plain card /cartridge paper/boxboard.
- Tracing paper with the pattern traced on it with any B pencil
- Steel spoon, coin
- Paper tape
- Pencils one each: 3H or harder, 2B, HB
- Waterproof pointer 0.3 or finer
- Paper cutter/ Exacto-knife.
- Plastic ruler
- Steel ruler
- Glue stick